January is many things: wintery, snow-filled, cold, still dark. January also often holds the most beautiful winter days when the sky is blue and the sun is shining. In the mornings, my favourite is always that moment when the sun is just about to rise and there is a golden hue coming from behind the hills and trees. Many evenings, the sky takes on a purple hue; sometimes, it is burning with orange and red. So though I am starting to be done with the cold and the darkness, I have been able to delight in beauty.
- I had never even heard of budino but this Meyer Lemon Budino looks like the perfect dessert for these winter days. I mean, a dessert that combines pudding, cheesecake and sponge cake? Exactly.
- Another meal perfect for winter days, Spicy Sausage, Potato & Kale Soup. Looks so simple yet scrumptious and delicious.
- Butterscotch Pudding with Roasted Banana Whipped Cream sounds and looks like the best thing ever.
- A beautiful video on adoption and family. This video, it blesses my heart.
- This post about how moms can help grow relationships with non-moms. So true.
- A great post on the seemingly perfect lives that bloggers are sharing, and how it's important to notice that there is no such thing as 100% perfect.
- Another great post on how comparison steals joy.